View Profile ForgottenDawn

8 Movie Reviews

Blown away. The fact that just one guy did it. I have nothing else to say, honestly. As an animation student myself, I can only bow to you, sir, and hope that one day you may join the upper echelons of such painfully liberating craft. In my eyes, you already do. Keep the awesome.

Let's face it folks, at least we won't be coming short of good comedy

"Wow."

That's what I thought as soon as those incredibly lush and detailed backgrounds gleefully reached my eye cones. It's refreshing to see such a craft on Newgrounds, as it borrows heavily from Miyazaki – Princess Mononoke comes to mind, especially the chase scene with that whole theme of darkness/corruption.

There are a few very forgivable mishaps along the way which still don't detract from the experience. I would have loved if you explored the characters a little more, as I feel the second half introduces the various scenes a little too hastily. The surreal atmosphere almost reminds me of Wakfu, also French with a very unique artstyle, I think you guys got that kind of potential at hands. It would be very interesting, I think, to see what you could make of it.

17 Game Reviews

To be fair, this isn't what I'd consider bad by a long shot. You already claimed it was a "cute and short" platformer, but apparently that doesn't stop people from disgraceful drama queens. Surely, the abrupt end was rather anticlimactic, and I think the game as it stands right now is more of a prototype than a finished product.

The gameplay seems to be slow. I'd suggest tweaking the movement speed and make sure the jumping feels more fluid and less "moon gravity". It's a start, I mean, you can definitely do more about it and it seems like it's in your bucket list. Just keep it up and turn this into a full, polished experience. I'd play it.

tinyworlds responds:

The "moon gravity" was embed in the story for the one part. Experimented a bit with it, but decided to make it quite a bit extreme to show the lack of gravity. But you're right, it might not be the best level of gravity for fast platforming. Thank you.

Clever, short and sweet. Just how I like it.

I own the full version of Color Switch on my Android phone, which I play on a daily basis, so I'm more than familiar with the game. I decided to try out this port just to see if there were any differences. I frankly don't understand the inclusion of ads in a web port. Just why? The mobile version itself is already pretty aggressive on ads and you need to pay a small amount just to get rid of them. I think the web port itself is an effective advertisement for the full version given that it pretty much behaves like a demo. Why including ads in a web port demo of a full game available on a different platform? I think it discourages people from even trying out the game on mobile. For a demo, it's how you would expect to behave. Just a handful of levels with pretty much the same mechanics as the full version. Performance may dip sometimes depending on many factors i.e. the website's own ads, though I didn't find it to be a major issue.
Despite the fact that I really enjoy the full version on mobile, I feel forced to lower the score on this demo for the aforementioned reasons. It's an otherwise well made game.

142 Audio Reviews

It's a nice debut. Good luck on your new endeavor!

This slaps, man. You're only one of the handful of people I trust to make good use of those hybrid production libraries, haha. Can't tell you how many AAA producers are afraid to just layer them creatively. That, and the fact that the song never feels like it drags despite the length.

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you for dropping by FD, how are you doing lately? :)

The thing with hybrid libs that they would eventually sound the same after a few uses, so to reuse them you would find some way to make them sound interesting. Maybe it's because the silly me doesn't look at music as a product or challenge and more of a fun thing to do. Every new project is something interesting and how to find a way to make them unique and expressive. It is just something I enjoy a lot.

My production took influences from IDM artists that you introduced to me while back, Aphex Twins, Four Tet, Solar Fields, Telefon Tel Aviv, Max Million, Venetian Snares and especially Stefan Torto. There is just so much creativity in all their works.

Thank you for your review! :) Take care. :( I hope you doing well, don't catch the virus.

Definitely has an old school early 90's house vibe, reminds me of early Biosphere. The genre itself is pretty fun, I also experimented with it. Really not bad for a first attempt.

15 Art Reviews

Steven Universe Therapy here we aaaaaaaare~~ :'C
These last two episodes destroyed me, my god. Thanks for reminding me.

This is amazing. I don't even know Hollow Knights but this image intrigues me—it makes me want to know more about the character. Instant favorite.

Happy new horrifying year :D

Hi! I make stuff. — Grad Student by day, Hobbyist Composer / Game Dev by night // Co-creator and director of The Underground Collective // Please, read my licensing page.

27, Male