ForgottenDawn

8 Movie Reviews

Blown away. The fact that just one guy did it. I have nothing else to say, honestly. As an animation student myself, I can only bow to you, sir, and hope that one day you may join the upper echelons of such painfully liberating craft. In my eyes, you already do. Keep the awesome.

Let's face it folks, at least we won't be coming short of good comedy

"Wow."

That's what I thought as soon as those incredibly lush and detailed backgrounds gleefully reached my eye cones. It's refreshing to see such a craft on Newgrounds, as it borrows heavily from Miyazaki – Princess Mononoke comes to mind, especially the chase scene with that whole theme of darkness/corruption.

There are a few very forgivable mishaps along the way which still don't detract from the experience. I would have loved if you explored the characters a little more, as I feel the second half introduces the various scenes a little too hastily. The surreal atmosphere almost reminds me of Wakfu, also French with a very unique artstyle, I think you guys got that kind of potential at hands. It would be very interesting, I think, to see what you could make of it.

18 Game Reviews

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for properly crediting my music~ I'm not too big on visual novels, but I can tell the art must have taken a lot of effort to make. I encourage you to keep pursuing this line of work and aim for quality experiences.

Marckel responds:

Thanks for the compliments, and thank you as well for providing free-to-use music! Ever since I stumbled across your work I just really like your style! I'll probably be making use of some of your other tracks for future works still.

To be fair, this isn't what I'd consider bad by a long shot. You already claimed it was a "cute and short" platformer, but apparently that doesn't stop people from disgraceful drama queens. Surely, the abrupt end was rather anticlimactic, and I think the game as it stands right now is more of a prototype than a finished product.

The gameplay seems to be slow. I'd suggest tweaking the movement speed and make sure the jumping feels more fluid and less "moon gravity". It's a start, I mean, you can definitely do more about it and it seems like it's in your bucket list. Just keep it up and turn this into a full, polished experience. I'd play it.

tinyworlds responds:

The "moon gravity" was embed in the story for the one part. Experimented a bit with it, but decided to make it quite a bit extreme to show the lack of gravity. But you're right, it might not be the best level of gravity for fast platforming. Thank you.

Clever, short and sweet. Just how I like it.

143 Audio Reviews

I intended to leave a comment here earlier, but was too tired to do so. This is such a fun piece to listen to! Other than showing you how powerful Omnisphere is as an all-around synth—granted you have plenty of RAM to spare—it's also the kind of track that is as long and as intense as it needs to be. There's no "extra", no frills—everything works as intended, by design. Good job on you for crunching to the very end and not letting this piece go to waste, as it would have indeed been a shame.

I thought the title sounded familiar... :') It's a nice and contemplative sound collage. It definitely fits the spirit of "tekisui".

Maybe I'm used to harsher ambiances, so I could be biased here (said by Mr. Lo-fi, degraded tape noises and digital washing machines), but this was a pretty relaxing listen and I did enjoy the melodic build-up at the end. It's nice to see that phrase from a different angle. For me, this sounds like a hopeful aftermath.

17 Art Reviews

Love your choice of colors! I'd argue this is even better than your previous City on the Rocks. Insta-favorite.

kittenbombs1 responds:

Thanks man. It’s nuts how similar they are even though their in 2 completely different styles.

Beautifully nostalgic 90's vibe. Love that pixel art, man. :)

Hyptosis responds:

Thanks! Was talking to a friend about how it reminds me of art from snes games that were based on movies, haha. Like alien 3.

Steven Universe Therapy here we aaaaaaaare~~ :'C
These last two episodes destroyed me, my god. Thanks for reminding me.

Hi! I make stuff. - Noise/Doodle-maker for fun and occasionally cash.

29, Male