Good day, everyone.
I'm publishing this digest relatively early today because I'm expecting to get really busy immediately after New Year's, so right now it just seems like the most favorable time to talk about stuff.
With 2018 closing by, I just wanted to thank all of you fans, followers, listeners, colleagues, stalkers, lurkers, and friends for sticking around another long and intense year. Let's take a closer look at what has been achieved so far:
- Updated visual identity and logo. It might not seem like much, but the brand new sparkling logo feels fresh, ready to chew bubblegum and kick ass!
- .defrag has received a massive update, including but not limited to an overhauled custom UI system, custom font and game icon, new maps, reworked and expanded scenarios, updated script, new features and most importantly, no more pre-alpha! While it's still far from done, it's also far from prototypical, so I'm looking forward to keep expanding this project in the coming year.
- The Linear Game was released! A fun little side project I mostly made as an exercise while multitasking. The feedback and exposure it's gotten immediately after its release was unexpected and wholesome. It's definitely not the only side project I have in mind, so expect more short, little experimental "Games" coming out in the future.
- The full shift towards an album-oriented release schedule as opposed to single tracks has been pretty smooth. Since I'm prone to multitasking and commissions often overlap with my own personal projects, I figured this would be a good time to experiment new placement models and keep the workflow as fluent as possible. So far so good, with three soundtrack mini-albums and more to come in the future.
- Speaking of personal projects, there's a whole lot of new material cooking up that I'm hoping to release next year. A follow-up to the first Rust album, an update to the 16 album, and much, much more. I'm starting to sound like a salesman.
- COLLABS! There's a wealth of talented folks that's been under my radar for a long while and I do have something in mind for them. I'm more than happy when it comes to ambient music, while for everything else... well, it'll take longer. You'll have to forgive me if I can't fulfill my part for whatever reason. As you can probably tell, I tend to be just a tiny itsy busy.
- My own Youtube has been growing and growing, surpassing 500 subscribers and finally getting its own Community tab. It's also been rendered non-monetized and completely ad-free! Wooo! <3
- My Discord server has received tons of important structural updates and our family has been gradually expanding. Exciting times, for sure!
Overall, not too shabby, huh? I'm looking forward to an even more eventful year and getting more shit together~
Happy New Year, and see you all in 2019