D-Chain - Diffuse (WiP) D-Chain - Diffuse (WiP)

Quite the punchy drums, I must say. Maybe a little too saturated, but that might just be personal preference. I love the stabs and bassline, feels retro but also very modern and crystal clear. Nice job, especially for a WIP!

Neuron (WiP) Neuron (WiP)

Oooh, this is juicy, I like it. I wasn't quite expecting the techy intro, but I think you already have a good base to work upon, especially if you want to evolve your style into some nice psytrance. You got the hooks and effect processing down, so with these styles, such tracks are usually included in larger mixes to achieve enough variety. Nothing I'd be particularly worried about. I agree with the guy below, that section could have been better handled, but other than that, I'd say it's pretty damn good. ;)

Final Form Final Form

It seems we exchange frontpage features lately, lol
Good job mate

SnowTeddy responds:

wot, another frontpage :O

thank you for the review bro! :)

Too Far Away Too Far Away

Nice collab. :) Coming from BTB's signature style, I already knew what to expect without diminishing the beauty of those melodic phrases. Jordi's evocative, breathy flourishes can only bring this track simply to another plane. It's something else, it's meditative, ethereal, full of essence.
Well done, you two. Please, collab more. ;)

Silent Screams Yearning To Fade Silent Screams Yearning To Fade

Congrats on the frontpage feature, brother. Honored to be in the same spot together. :)

AIM - Faith in Freedom AIM - Faith in Freedom

Classic.

Let's see... Mirror's Edge inspiration. Check.
Typical hybrid synth galore at 140 BPM. Check.
Haunting voice wailing in the foreground. Check.
Lengthy compositions with a cyberpunk edge. Check.
Something something freedom. Check.

Yup, OK. There's everything. Insta-fave'd. :D

SnowTeddy responds:

Thanks bro :D.

I LOVE mirror's edge.

I am very sure you will come with stuff ten times more awesome. Can't wait for it!

Stereophonic Stereophonic

Interesting bitcrushing on the drums, though it grows a bit tiring after a while without introducing enough variety to keep it interesting. It's a common mistake, however, especially in hip-hop tracks. I would say the most interesting part is after the third minute mark, arguably the most atmospheric section. It feels kinda dry afterwards, makes me wish for more. Aside from bringing a bit more variety next time, I would also suggest adding more layers in the background as a way to add depth to your soundscape, whether it's subtle ambiances or noises, crackles, anything. I think your style has potential, so have fun exploring possibilities!

ChristopherJohn responds:

Thanks for listening! I appreciate the constructive comments.

Ambient Improv Ambient Improv

That's some fat, breathy ambiance you got there :) Classic vibes, very 80's.
Besides, the JP-8000 is a quite versatile instrument. I like the improv here, you might be onto something nice. The quieter parts remind me of Steve Roach, especially in Dreamtime Return, which is always a good thing. Keep up the ambient vibes!

Mich responds:

Thanks muchly!

I agree about the JP-8000; it's mostly known for its late 90s/early 00s trance supersaws, but it certainly has a bunch more under the hood than that. Thank you for the compliments. I'll have to have a listen to Roach's stuff some time; I see the name mentioned a lot but don't really know his music.

More ambient to come this year!

Constellation Constellation

Nice! Mellow and spacey. Surprisingly cool change of pace from your usual stuff ;)
Have you tried venturing deeper into ambient music? I think you got the right mindset for it.

5TanLey responds:

thanks, currently, I'm into dreamy over-reverbed stuff so something similar could appear sooner or later :)

Sempiternal Rhapsody Sempiternal Rhapsody

I've had the honor to hear the unfinished version of this track, which was already pretty good.
But this is a beast in its own right. What a way to end the year, eh? It feels somewhat nostalgic to me. It might be your style, as it reminds me of different video games and even anime, but even then, it does have a kind of quality that makes the experience more personal and relatable. I'd say it's a step in the right direction, composition-wise and musically. It's very melodic, but multiplexed, making it fairly unpredictable. Well, it is a rhapsody, after all. :)
May the new year bring more brilliant music like this one.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm glad to hear that the finished version is better than the almost finished one :D
I wanted to end the year with this composition. Partly, because I happened to finish it so close to the end of it anyway, but mostly, because it shows my effort to make sure I put out at least something good in terms of music, this year too (it's more dramatic if there's a turnaround just at the end, no?).
It's cool if it already sounds nostalgic!
Personally, I feel that this piece is a bit more classical than most of my compositions are, but there are definitely segments and portions where the anime and video game styles shine through, since those are pretty much the core of my piano playing (along with other OSTs, such as from movies).
I tend to have a thing for more melodic music, especially if it's a solo instrument. I also have a tendency to change around my compositions a lot, instead of repeating the same refrain two thousand times (sometimes, that really works though). I always try to return to the same themes though, so there is some repetition in here too. Most notable, is that the same melody and chords that are played in the beginning are returned to now and then, a fair amount of times (in different variations).
I hope the New Year will bring out a lot of gems in terms of your music as well! Thank you for your review :'3